We’re an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may earn a small commission from the links on this page at no extra cost to you. Thanks if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
A backpack is the most important gear whether you go camping or hiking. And choosing the best affordable camping backpack from the vast market of gears is a little bit difficult. That’s why I am here to help you to choose the best backpack according to your need.
If you have not much time to read the full article – my recommended backpack is Osprey Stratos 50 for men and Osprey Renn 50 for women and if you have time then scroll down to read the reviews of these backpacks.
Key features of the great backpacks
If you can invest more than $130 on the backpack, then here are some key features which you should consider.
- It should be lightweight, comfortable, durable, and have enough volume to fulfill your trip.
- Hipbelt pockets. To store snacks and other essentials to access on the go.
- Waterproof. The bag should be waterproof. If it is not waterproof then you can buy a rain cover which is suitable for the backpack.
- Two main compartments. Upper and lower compartments. The upper one is to store the gear and items which you want to use more often. And the bottom one is to store a camp tent, sleeping bag, etc which you need once you reach your camping destination.
- Hydration sleeves. It is a must-have for all those who prefer drinking with a water bladder. Renn 50 has separate hydration sleeves to store a 3L water reservoir.
3 Best Backpack for your camping needs
Osprey Stratos 50 Men’s Backpack
If you’re asking me, which is the best and affordable backpack for men? Then Stratos 50 is the only backpack that I recommend to every man.
After trying so many backpacks, this is the backpack that I recommend to every man. Many times we see the cheap backpacks don’t provide the comfort and expensive packs don’t match their price tag, but this backpack is providing all features according to its price.
The top-lid has two different compartments, one is inside the pack, and the other is outside of the pack and there’s a zipper side panel for quick accessing some important items without unpacking your bag.
There are so many features and compartments to make your trip easier.
- Internal hydration sleeve
- Hipbelt pockets
- Integrated rain cover
- Very easy to adjust straps
- Airspeed suspension
- Comfortable and stable.
- Great side pane
- zippered sleeping bag compartment
- Removable top-lid with zippered pockets.
- Stow-on-the-go trekking pole attachment.
Osprey Renn 50 Women’s Backpack
Now you don’t have to waste your time on finding the best camping backpack for women because this is it – the best women backpack I have ever found. This is perfect for all girls/women with a height of 5ft to 5.6ft.
The 50L capacity is enough for 2-3 nights. Many backs started to feel discomfort if we completely fill them but you’re not going to feel discomfort in this bag due to light wireframe transfer and no back pain too due to dual compression straps that maintain a streamlined profile.
So overall it is the best women backpack. The thing is, it is good to invest in a backpack which is of great quality, durable, and comfortable.
- 50 liters of capacity
- Adjustable airspeed suspension.
- Fits torso length: 14-19 inches.
- Integrated removable rain cover
- Zippered sleeping bag compartment
- Zippered hipbelt pockets
- Dual compression straps
Loowoko Unisex Backpack
This backpack has no advance and useful features that Osprey’s Renn 50 and Stratos 22 have. But, if you don’t need features like hydration sleeve, airspeed suspension, and compression straps then this one is a great choice for you. The side pockets are not easily accessible for pulling the phone out quickly.
One special thing that this backpack is providing under this price is it has lots of pockets and it feels comfortable even when the 35 pounds of gears or items loaded into this. Overall this is a great backpack under this budget.
So if you have a small budget then don’t get attracted by costly packs, if this backpack is providing the features that you need then don’t waste time thinking, you can buy this one and start your next trip.
- Comfortable for both men and women
- Good for a 2-3 days trip
- 8 adjustable straps
- Separate shoe warehouse.
I reviewed only the 3 affordable backpacks in this article on the basis of the quality and features they are providing. I hope this article helps you to narrow down your search for the best backpack. Feel free to ask me anything in the comment section.