What to pack for summer camp as a teenage girl? If you have this question then I can assume you are the first-time summer camper as a teenager. So let’s discuss everything you need to pack to make the most out of your summer camping.
The following list is best for 2 week supply. You can arrange the numbers according to your camping period.
- 5-6 pair shorts
- 2 washcloths
- 2 beach towels
- Long-sleeve shirt
- 8-10 t-shirts/tanks
- 2 swimsuits
- 2 pairs of long pants or jeans
- 2 sweatshirts
- 2 pair pajamas
- 10+ pair socks
- 10+ pair underwear
- Rain poncho or raincoat
- Shower shoes (you can go for flip flops)
- jacket or hoodie
- Flip flops
- Baseball hat
- Rainboots (Don’t go for flip-flops or crocs because they tend to slip off during rain or other water activities)
- Laundry bag
- Tote or toiletry bag
- Comb/ hairbrush
- Toothpaste (If a neem tree available you don’t need a toothbrush and toothpaste, just pluck that small branch where leaves grow. Remove all the leaves from that and place it between your teths and chew it for some seconds and then rotate it around your teeth like a toothbrush. You can also chew 2-3 neem leaves to kill all the dangerous germs inside your stomach and in your mouth.)
- Deodrant (No advisable if you’re camping in black bear country (Read How to keep black bears away while camping) and if you can live without deodorant then congrats because you save some bucks as deodorant is not essential for camping.)
- Shampoo (It is best if you go for a natural one). You can find the best natural shampoos on ishalife.com. Either in powder or liquid form.
- Biodegradable soap (Go for natural one). Here is one of the best natural soap powders you can find. If you don’t want to buy any soap then you can make green gram or moong dal powder in your home. At camping just add some water to the powder to make a paste and apply it all over your wet body. Leave it for around 3-5 minutes, then take a bath. Believe you feel much fresher than any other chemical-based soaps.
- Bug spray, You can check out my other article where I’ve shared some natural ways to keep mosquitoes away while camping.
- Aloe vera (The only moisturizer you need). Say goodbye to all market moisturizers and welcome aloe vera at your home and for camping. You can watch youtube videos to learn how to make aloe vera gel and moisturizer at home?
Other camping essentials for a teenage girl
- Compact sleeping bag
- Lightweight summer blanket
- Pillow (Go for inflatable pillows if space is an issue)
- A good ventilated tent
- Water bottle
- Batteries/ Solar Power bank/ portable power station
- Writing materials
- Stamps and Envelopes
- Extra eye glasses / contacts
- Lantern/ flashlight
- CPAP (if you’re doctor advised)
- Extra underwear
- Tide-to-go stick
Get the checklist
It is good to have this checklist in PDF form (You can print this too). This checklist will work as a reminder, so that you don’t forget any important thing to pack.