The On running shoes sell fast because they intend to make landing cushioned while firming take-off thanks to their technologies like CloudTec system and Helion foam. This article is for you if you’re new to buying On shoes or just eager to know where the brand gets its footwork done.
All On shoes are made in Vietnam by 7 suppliers in 12 production sites. For your information, On apparel and accessories are made in China, Vietnam, Portugal, Germany, Lithuania, and Turkey. Although, as far as the On shoes are concerned, Vietnamese manufacturers produced all styles like ON Cloud in and after 2021.
Don’t you wanna know the name of major ON-Running footwear supplier?
On Shoe Suppliers Revealed By Name
After knowing that there are 7 suppliers in Vietnam for On shoes – I tried getting their names. Thankfully, I found the names, locations, and years since partnered with On. Though, the 2021 Annual report of ON-running says that they have 7 suppliers – my hands got mingled with only 5 in their transparency map and the other 2 were posted in their impact report.
|Supplier Name||Location||Year Since Partners|
|Diamond||Ho Chi Minh||2019|
|Jim Brothers Corporation||Hanoi||2012|
|Dean Shoes||Ho Chi Minh||2019|
|Zucca||Ho Chi Minh||2018|
|Huali Group||Ninh Binh & Hai Phong||2021|
|Freetrend Group (Free View & Global Running are two sites in Vietnam)||Vietnam||Unknown|
Each of these suppliers accounts for all On-shoes selling worldwide, inclusively. Out of 7, Jim Brothers Corporation is the oldest in partnership and accounts for most On shoes because of how they work and the quality of their craftsmanship. All styles that require advanced expertise to manufacture like Cloud venture Waterproof go into the hands of Jim Brothers Corporation, managed by Eugene and his brother-in-law Chester.
After doing some research, Dean Shoes of Ho Chi Minh seems to improve upon their trust in On-running because of the production lines developed and optimized, especially keeping in mind the quality & performance that On demands. This is the reason more and more shoes are getting manufactured here. The other 5 accounts manufacture shoes from casual to outdoor wear, depending on their capacity.
On-Running Plans For Suppliers/Manufacturers
- In 2022, On appointed a specialist in chemical and environmental sustainability, in their Vietnam team, now they are conducting chemical and ecological audits to educate and protect the supply partner workforce.
- In Q2 of 2022, the company introduced its sustainability team to nearly 100% tier 1 facilities and asked the tier 1 suppliers to provide verified Higg FEM scores by the end of 2022.
- 100% of Tier 1 suppliers are now publicly listed since 2020.
- By 2025, On is planning to list 100% tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers publicly
- The company has implemented a chemical compliance policy that all Tier 1 apparel and footwear suppliers have to sign yearly to comply with RSL (Restricted Substance List)
- 100% of On-running tier 1 & 2 suppliers met the company’s expectation of sustainable production and 100% of tier 1 suppliers are now following living wage.
There are many more things that ON is working and planning to do to improve supply efficiency, which you can read in their latest impact report.
Why Vietnam Is The Only Manufacturer Of On Shoes?
Why is it so that On-Running apparel and accessories are made in multiple countries, whereas the company trusted only Vietnam to manufacture their shoes when we look at the latest financial numbers, we can see that it is not a bad choice. Because On saw approx 59% and 70% year-over-year growth in 2020 and 2021, respectively. Let’s see what potential Vietnam has stored in footwear manufacturing.
- Benefits of free trade agreements between Vietnam with Singapore, Peru, New Zealand, Mexico, Malaysia, Japan, Australia, Brunel, Canada, Chile, South Korea, India, China, and many more [source].
- Vietnam attracts businesses to manufacture by having International airports, seaports, and rail links to make transportation a breeze.
- And obviously, there is competitive labor and production cost. For reference, China’s labor cost is $6.50/hour while Vietnam has $2.99/hour.
Countries Where ON Shoe Sells:
ON Shoes are sold in over 47 countries, which include the United States, Canada, India, Germany, the UK, Switzerland, Brazil, France, Thailand, and so forth. You can see whether you can get On shoes shipped in your countries by visiting on-running.com. Along with several stores available to go on try-on original On shoes. To look for the stores near you, visit this page where you’ll find all the required information.
Michael is heavily inclined towards traveling to natural places and documenting cultures/people from different parts of the world. He also loves hiking and camping and is spirited toward all outdoor activities. He will share his passion for outdoor life and brands or products we use outside our homes. He has good research skills, and that’s why you can see why his articles are packed with info that is factual and not readily available. He also has the vision to travel the whole world and share it with all readers of Outdoor Favor.